In this section
- Medical Disclaimer
- Website Usage Terms and Conditions
1. Medical Disclaimer
This website has been developed by the Canadian Spondylitis Association for information purposes only.
It does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or care. If you have a health problem, medical emergency, or a general health question, you should contact a physician or other qualified health care provider for consultation, diagnosis and/or treatment.
Under no circumstances should you attempt self-diagnosis or treatment based on anything you have seen or read on this website.
The Canadian Spondylitis Association is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Canadian Spondylitis Association may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from December 1, 2009.
What we collect about you
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including your email address and mailing address
- type of Spondylitis you are primarily interested in
- whether you are a patient, family member, health care professional, or other interested party
- whether you are interested in participating in volunteer activities, and which types of activities you may prefer
- forum or other functions generally accepted as “public” information that you may optionally participate in via features on the website
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new features, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- Display a forum or other functions generally accepted as “public” information that you have optionally participated in via features on the website
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- When you register to use the website, you may indicate that you give the Canadian Spondylitis Association permission to share basic personal contact information with research organizations affiliated with the Associaton by clicking the box indicating such.
- You may later to decide to remove or supply permission to share basic personal contact information with research organizations affiliated with the Associaton by marking or clearing the box indicating so in the “Your Details” section of the website.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any other third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please check the “My Account” section of the website for information you may update at your discretion. If the information you believe to be incorrect or incomplete is not modifiable on the website, write to us at 18 Long Cres., Ontario, Canada M4E 1N6. You may also email us as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org . We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
3. Website Usage Terms and Conditions
The term ‘the Canadian Spondylitis Association’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered domain name is spondylitis.ca.
The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- By accessing “the Canadian Spondylitis Association” (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, “http://www.spondylitis.ca”), you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use “the Canadian Spondylitis Association website”. We may change these at any time and it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of “the Canadian Spondylitis Association” after changes mean you agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended.
- This website has been developed by the Canadian Spondylitis Association for information purposes only. It does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or care. If you have a health problem, medical emergency, or a general health question, you should contact a physician or other qualified health care provider for consultation, diagnosis and/or treatment. Under no circumstances should you attempt self-diagnosis or treatment based on anything you have seen or read on this website.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Where the website functionality allows you to enter data or posts, you agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “the Canadian Spondylitis Association” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “The Canadian Spondylitis Association” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any posting at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, “The Canadian Spondylitis Association” shall not be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Canada.
Last Updated (Tuesday, 01 December 2009)
Join the CSA today
Benefits of being a CSA Member
- No membership fee
- Latest patient and medical SpA news delivered direct to your email address
- Opportunities to volunteer as a contact person or an advocate in your local community and Province
- Opportunities to support medical research through patient studies
- Participate in the online forums and poll
Already a member login here