As a part of our Community involvement and support, we facilitate a number of educational seminars and events to encourage awareness and support for those living with Spondylitis.
Patient Forums in 2016
Please take note of the scheduled Patient Forums for 2016. Visit our Events page for information on registration, dates and speakers as it becomes available.
- British Columbia – Vancouver, April 30, 2016
- British Columbia – Haida Gwaii March 15 & 16, 2016
- Manitoba – Winnipeg
- Ontario – Hamilton, September 22, 2016
- Ontario – Ottawa, September, 22, 2016
- Quebec – Montreal, October 29, 2016, The Arthritis Society’s Quebec Arthritis Congress
Patient Forums have been held in Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal, Toronto, Saskatoon, St. John’s and Vancouver.
Canadian Spondylitis Association Patient Forum, St. John’s Forum
Watch the CSA Patient forum for information on ankylosing spondylitis held at the Health Sciences Centre in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, September 2014.
Speakers include Judy Sparks (CSA, Board Member), Cyril Lee (AS Patient), Mike Luke (Kinesiologist – Pony Locale), and Dr. Proton Rahman (Rheumatologist – Eastern Health).
Toronto’s 2015 Ankylosing Spondylitis Patient Forum
Watch the video presentation from the 2015 Patient Forum in Toronto which includes:
Mr. MICHAEL MALLINSON, President – Canadian Spondylitis Association (CSA) – Welcoming Remarks; the CSA, A Year In Review.
Dr. ROBERT D. INMAN, Rheumatologist, Director – Spondylitis Clinic, Toronto Western Hospital – Update on the medical treatment of AS
Dr. NIGIL HAROON, Rheumatologist, Co-Director – Spondylitis Clinic, Toronto Western Hospital – Current concepts on the cause of Ankylosing Spondylitis
Ms LAURA PASSALENT, Physiotherapist, Spondylitis Clinic, UHN – Toronto Western Hospital – Non-pharmacologic treatment of AS: Exercise
Walk Your A.S. Off
Learn how you can you can participate in this community organization that holds walking events each year on the Walk Your A.S. Off event page.
The Arthritis Society’s ‘Walk to Fight Arthritis.’
Sunday, June 5, 2016
The Canadian Spondylitis Association participates in this annual fundraiser for The Arthritis Society. Join a CSA team in your community or start a team yourself. For more information check our ‘Walk to Fight Arthritis’ event page, visit walktofightarthritis.ca or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Canadian Spondylitis Association attends a number of non-public events as a patient representative. For Example;
- February 17-20, 2016, Canadian Rheumatology Association, Annual Scientific meeting and AHPA Annual Meeting, Lake Louise, AB.
- October 6-9, 2016, the Ankylosing Spondylitis International Federation Council Meeting, Moscow, Russia.
- October 27-28, 2016, the Arthritis Alliance of Canada Annual Research Symposium, Montreal, QC.