The Canadian Spondylitis Association is a national non-profit patient association formed in April 2006 to support and to advocate for those suffering from Ankylosing Spondylitis, Psoriatic Arthritis and related Spondyloarthritis diseases including:
- Undifferentiated Spondyloarthritis
- Enteropathic Arthritis
- Reactive Arthritis
- Juvenile Onset Arthritis
Our mission is to create awareness of Spondyloarthritis in order to ease the path to diagnosis.
To be a primary resource for people diagnosed and living with Spondyloarthritis in Canada.
- To promote the growth of CSA membership in Canada
- To be a voice for advocacy for Spondylitis patients across Canada nationally or provincially as required.
- To provide a national resource centre for information relevant to the Spondylitis community.
- To provide a national forum for partnership between the medical and patient communities to further research into the causes and management of Spondylitis.
- To facilitate a pool of willing volunteer patients who may make themselves available for professional training programs such as medical student undergraduate teaching, post-graduate training programs.
- To participate in the international Spondylitis community.
- To promote public awareness of Spondylitis through the media, public forums and other means.
The Canadian Spondylitis Association is run entirely by volunteers with Spondyloarthritis.