We need your help to study the impact of COVID-19 on our community! The CSA & SPARCC is collaborating with the Spondylitis Association of America who have spearheaded research into the possible impact spondyloarthritis, and medications used for spondyloarthritis, may have on COVID-19.
There are uncertainties around what effect, if any, having spondyloarthritis may have on the pandemic currently encircling us.
We need to act now and we need to act fast to find concrete answers for our community! We need your help to build a COVID-19 and Spondyloarthritis Registry.
The Registry is designed to seek your input now and then be followed up every four weeks for your updated input. This will help us track how COVID-19 is impacting our community in the months to come.
You will need to register to take the survey. Within 24-hours of registering, you will be emailed a link unique to you. The link can only be used once, so please do not share it with others
Who is eligible to take part?
- We are looking for those with a diagnosis of spondyloarthritis made by a physician (those with ankylosing spondylitis, non-radiographic axial spondyloarthritis, psoriatic arthritis, arthritis with inflammatory bowel disease, peripheral spondyloarthritis, undifferentiated spondyloarthritis, reactive arthritis, or juvenile spondyloarthritis.)
- We are also looking for household members of those with spondyloarthritis (those who live with someone with a spondyloarthritis diagnosis).
- This survey is open to people throughout the world, and we urge everyone who is eligible to take part.
What is my time commitment should I decide to take part?
- The initial time commitment is an estimated 10-15 minutes for the current survey. Four weeks after you complete this first survey, you will be asked to complete a follow up survey. We will continue to ask for your permission to contact you again every four weeks, for the next six months. You can, of course, opt out at any time.
How can I help besides taking part in this research?
- Please help us get the word out!
- We will send you a link that you can kindly share with others in the spondyloarthritis community. The greater the number of participants, the stronger our findings, and the sooner we have information the sooner we can help everyone.
Although this is a global study, the CSA will have access to the Canadian data. The data collected will be valuable to the rheumatology community that supports and treats you. Please help us gather your experiences and insights that will in turn help the Spondyloarthritis community!
Register HERE to share your experience of how Covid-19 has impacted you!
Note: Once you’ve registered , you’ll receive the link in your email within the next 24 hrs. Remember to check your spam/junk file.