The Canadian Spondylitis Association (CSA) wishes to invite interested candidates to submit their application to join the CSA Board of Directors for 2020-2023 term.
We are particularly interested in hearing from individuals who live with, or are impacted by, Spondyloarthritis with experience and skills including a combination of the following:
- Finance, accounting
- Grant writing
- Fundraising and special events
- Health policy development
- Public relations, communications
- Advocacy on a provincial/federal level
- Not-for-profit, governance, management, administration experience
Application Deadline: July 25, 2020
Board Member Expectations:
- Support the organization’s mission, purposes, goals, policies, and programs while knowing its strengths and needs.
- Attend bi-monthly board meetings (via teleconference) and one in-person meeting throughout the year.
- Prepare for and participate actively in conference calls, telephone and email communications between these meetings, both with other Board members and staff as necessary.
- Serve actively on committees of the Board.
- Contribute to activities and events hosted by the organization whenever possible.
- Support provincial/territorial activities respective to location.
- Be fully apprised of policies and positions.
- Recruit volunteers the Board who have attributes and commitment to make significant contributions to the work of the CSA and the progress of the organization.
Candidates who meet the criteria will be contacted for an interview.