The Canadian Spondylitis Association is a national, non-profit, patient association formed in April 2006 to support and to advocate for those suffering from spondyloarthritis diseases including:
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Undifferentiated spondyloarthritis
- Enteropathic arthritis
- Reactive arthritis
- Juvenile onset arthritis
Our mission is to be the leader in Canada providing support, education and advocacy for the spondyloarthritis patient community.
To be a constantly improving volunteer association as measured by our organizational purposes and our support of our community partners
• To promote the growth of CSA membership in Canada
• To be a voice for advocacy for spondylitis patients across Canada nationally or provincially as required.
• To provide a national resource centre for information relevant to the spondylitis community.
• To provide a national forum for partnership between the medical and patient communities to further research into the causes and management of spondylitis.
• To facilitate a pool of willing volunteer patients who may make themselves available for professional training programs such as medical student undergraduate teaching, post-graduate training programs.
• To participate in the international spondylitis community.
• To promote public awareness of spondylitis through the media, public forums and other means.
The priorities of the Canadian Spondylitis Association include a focus on membership expansion, community partnership with likeminded organizations, ongoing education and encouragement of equal and equitable access to treatment options.
• Increasing Membership
Increasing membership of the Canadian Spondylitis Association. If our association speaks for more people, the more our voice will be heard.
Partnership with other organizations to be a larger collective voice for arthritis consumers. The Canadian Spondylitis Association is a member of the Arthritis Alliance of Canada and the Ankylosing Spondylitis International Federation. It also works with the Canadian Arthritis Patient Alliance and is partners with The Arthritis Society.
• Patient Input
Ensuring the Canadian Spondylitis Association submits patient inputs to the Common Drug Review in respect of new drugs that may be beneficial to those living with spondyloarthritis.
• Equal and Equitable Access
Maintaining vigilance over government health policies that impact those living with spondyloarthritis to ensure equal and equitable access for all patients to treatment options.